Baseball is an interesting game that requires a lot of hard work to master. Millions of players play it all over the world, especially in America. Over one million children in America play basketball regularly. This is just an approximation and the actual number could be much more than that. Since a lot of children and men play baseball, they need to have proper kits while playing this game. People should be careful about their kits since everything in this game is important. One of them is the gloves.
Gloves are an important part of the game since they help to catch the ball easily and also helps to prevent any injury to the hands of a player. A player needs to have correct gloves in the game of baseball. Baseball gloves are a piece of the important equipment in the game of baseball. They help a player to catch the shot ball easily and by doing so it prevents any arm injury to the players.
However, choosing a baseball glove is not as easy as it seems. You cannot just simply walk into a story, and select a glove that fits your hand or the one you like. People have to spend a considerable amount of time before choosing their baseball glove. In this article, we will tell you how can you select the best infield baseball gloves for your game and what are the specs you should check in your baseball glove before selecting it. Let’s start the article.
How to Select The Best Infield Baseball Gloves
A good baseball glove is the one that provides comfort and safety to your hand. A good baseball glove will help to improve your catch game in the baseball and will also help you to easily catch a ball while preventing any major injury to your arm. While buying a baseball glove there are several things about which you should be aware. One must take several factors into setting while deciding which baseball glove to buy. What are these points? Let’s have a look at it.
- Selecting the best glove according to your position
- Versatility and durability
Let’s see why these points are important and why you should select a baseball glove that fits in all the above criteria.
Selecting the best glove according to your position
The first point is the location of the player in the baseball game. In the game, so baseball, there are different positions of players. Different places where a player may need to stand or where they usually stand. Most people may not know this, but any player who stands on a particular place in the baseball game needs to wear a particular type of baseball glove.
For example, the one we will be seeing here is the infield baseball gloves. For the players who stand in infields, their gloves need to be generally medium size and lightweight along with shallow pockets for fast release. It is better if your baseball glove has a deep pocket. The preferred size of infield baseball gloves is generally 11-1/2 inches to 12-1/5 inches.
Versatility and durability
The next point to look for is the durability and versatility of the baseball glove. One important thing that you must have learned is that different type of player requires different types of baseball gloves according to their position. However, if you are a person who plays at multiple spots, then you might need to change your baseball glove pretty much all the time.
To prevent that, most people look for multi-purpose baseball gloves. These gloves can be worn by the catcher, infield or outfield person. If your glove has the following feature, then you may have a plus point. Along with multi-purpose, look for how durable your baseball glove is. It should be made up of best durable leather that will help It to last long and allow you to play several games with it. Make sure the check what is the material for your baseball glove as many manufacturers use plastic instead of genuine leathers for their baseball glove manufacture. These baseball gloves are less durable than the original leather ones.
Many people depend on the webbing of their baseball gloves. Different people have different opinions related to the webbing of their baseball gloves. Many people like their baseball glove to be open, while others prefer them shut or closed. Pitchers, outfielder mostly prefer open webbing to their baseball gloves while the infielder prefers closed webbing for fast retrieval of the baseball ball. Choose your baseball glove as per your choice and make sure to notice that the webbing of the baseball glove is as per your choice.
Pockets of your baseball gloves are another important factor. Depending upon the position you play, the size of the pocket will be varying. Make sure to select the size of the pocket as per your standing in the baseball game.
The baseball glove should be fit to your wrist. It should not be large enough to slip down your wrist easily, nor should it be tight enough to hurt your wrist. Also, make sure to check that the baseball glove should get attached to the wrist of the player easily. Most of the players prefer a Velcro or D-ring attachment to their baseball glove for the best results.
The last item is the back of your baseball glove. Make sure that the baseball glove has a back that is as per your standing in the game. If you are an infielder who needs more flexibility in your game, then you might need an open back. However, if you are an outfielder who needs support, then you should prefer a closed back for the extra support to your game.
Based on the above-explained points one can easily select, the best infield baseball glove for them and can start getting better at their baseball game. However, if you still have confusion and do not know which one to choose, we have a list of 10 best infield baseball gloves for you from which you can choose. Let’s have a look at them.
Top 10 Best Infield Baseball Gloves
|Rawlings Player Baseball glove||4.7
|Rawlings Select Pro lite||4.8|
|Rawlings Heart of the hide||4.8|
|Mizuno Prospectus Power glove||4.8|
Rawlings company is well known for creating the best and durable baseball glove for all types of players. This player series baseball glove continues their lineage. It is made out of genuine leather that helps the player to get a long-lasting and durable baseball glove.
The shock absorbent technology used in this baseball glove creates palm protection in the glove which helps in easy catching of the ball. The wrist part of this baseball glove contains a Velcro strap that helps it to easily fit the palm of your hand. The baseball glove is available for both left and right hand and it is developed such that it has the same effect, comfort, and throe power in both the hands. The basket webbing used in this baseball bat helps the player to use it in any standing across the baseball game.
- Zero shock pam protection for easy catching.
- The genuine leather material used for construction,
- High durable and very comfortable.
- It can be used at multiple standing across the game due to the basket web.
- Highly adjustable and available in various sizes.
- The cost of this glove can be high for some people. There are the same specs gloves that are available in the lower price range.
2. Wilson 2000
Wilson 2000 is a well-known baseball glove that is used by many people while playing the baseball game. It is available in a variety of colors and sizes as per the player’s choice. The material of this baseball glove is very soft and comfortable so that the player could wear it for a long time without any discomfort. The durability and the feel of this baseball glove are also very good and it can be used for a long time without any signs of wear or tear. The durable and deep pockets of this baseball glove are a good add on for the infield players. It also has a long-lasting break in which also helps the player in the game. Finally, the double lacing at the end of the web helps to add more flexibility and comfort for the player.
- Highly durable and long-lasting.
- Made up of genuine leather for better feel and performance.
- Long-lasting break-ins.
- Better closure.
- More flexibility and comfort in this baseball glove.
- Zero discomfort to the player due to sweating or other factors.
- However, that doesn’t mean that it should be ruled out. It is probably one of the best infield baseball gloves present in the market. If you can afford it, then you should buy this one as it will last longer and will help to improve your game considerably.
- Requires a shot breaking period before the glove is ready to be used by the player.
Another of the Rawlings creation, this baseball glove is also a good choice for the beginner or the intermediate players who have started with their baseball career. The baseball bat comes in with padding protection which helps to protect the palm of the player. The extra lining in the finger back assures extra comfort to the player. The glove is available in a variety of sizes and colors for various types of players. It is durable and can be used for a long time before replacement. The company is known to produce durable and long-lasting gloves. This glove is made up of 100% genuine leather for bets experience and comfort.
- Zero shock palm protection
- Extra comfort and feel.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Available for both left and right-handed players.
- It requires a break-in period before it can be used. This baseball glove comes 90% broken from the factory. It might need some time before it is completely ready to use.
- One can find a better and less expensive glove than this easily in the market.
4. Rawlings R9
Another great creation by the Rawlings company, this baseball glove proves to be the best training glove for an infielder. It helps to polish the skills of any infielder player and helps it to take their skills to the next level. The baseball glove is made up of leather material which provides great comfort and durability to the glove. The glove is designed to help the person practice their throw and catch easily and improve these skills. The baseball glove contains padded thumb, palm area for better protection against the fastball and it also helps the person to catch the ball easily. The comfort of this baseball glove is best so that the person can easily start using this glove without any discomfort.
- Easy to use and highly comfortable.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Shock absorbent
- Easy to use, helps to improve the skill in the game,
- Easy break-in for a better start.
- Best for beginner player who has just started to play baseball
- Baseball glove is made up of 80% factory break-in and 20% is required to be done by the player. Due to this, it may require a certain time before it can be fully used in the baseball game.
This baseball glove is designed for people who like to wear multi-purpose gloves for their game. These gloves can be used by players standing at any position which makes them a good choice. This glove is both for soft pitch and fastpitch players. It is designed with extra comfort and extra protection for the player. The material of this glove is durable and can be used for a long time. It is lightweight and doesn’t add any extra weight to the player’s hand. Most of the time, people forget that they are wearing this baseball glove. It is a great choice for people who like to play at multiple standings during the game of baseball.
- Multi-purpose baseball glove for a variety of positions.
- Ideal for soft -pitchers as well as fast pitchers.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Very comfortable and lightweight
- Velcro strap at the wrist end for adjustable fitting as per the player’s choice.
- Padded protection for easy catching of the ball.
- The break-in of this baseball glove may require a long time.
- More suitable for intermediate players rather than beginner players.
- Not as durable as other baseball gloves of the same price range.
- Mixed user ratings on various e-commerce websites.
6. Wilson A450
Wilson A450 gloves provide affordability and price easily at the hand of the player. This glove is mostly used by the pitchers. The main feature of this baseball glove is the deep pocket and the closed webbing in the glove which helps in full concealment of the ball. The double layer of palm protection added in this glove helps to provide better comfort and durability to the glove. This makes the glove a little heavier and also increase the break-in time of the glove. The back of this glove is open and has lace binding to provide more flexibility to the pitchers. The secure fit of this glove helps the glove to stay in place even in a difficult situation.
- Deep pocket and closed webbing for better comfort and features.
- Dual post webbing used for better performance.
- Provides better protection and durability easily.
- A little heavy when compared to other baseball gloves.
- Long break-in time required for this glove.
If you want an economical and better baseball glove that could fit your budget and is of good company, we have one right for you. The Select pro lite version of the Rawlings is made for the public who want affordable and better baseball gloves to improve their skills.
This baseball glove is made out of good material which provides durability and better control in the game. It comes with the palm cushion feature which provides better comfort and protection against fastballs. The finger back lining added in this glove provides extra comfort to the player’s hand. The all-leather web lacing used in this glove made it suitable for all position baseball players. This glove is the best infield affordable yet quality baseball glove for beginner and intermediate players.
- Comfortable and provides better protection with the help of a cushion feature.
- Extra comfort and high durability
- Suitable for all position baseball players.
- Economical and highly adjustable.
- Available in various sizes and colors.
- Long break-in time.
- Not long-lasting and may need replacement after a few years.
Made from the best leather material for better quality. The structural design of this baseball glove adds on more protection, comfort, and better structure to the glove. The most basic design of this baseball glove is the 11.5-inch one that is generally picked by the players. However, it is also available in a variety of different colors and sizes for the best performance as per the player’s choice. The cost of this glove is also less which makes it an ideal choice for many people who have a low budget.
- Great Olympic theme for better style and finish.
- Better performance and protection due to the shock absorbent feature.
- Made from genuine and best leather material
- Highly durable and long-lasting.
- Available in selected countries, so please check before ordering.
- Not a suitable size for a third base player. They might need a size bigger than the 11.5 one.
- It requires some break-in time before being ready to use.
Mizuno prospectus power glove is one of the most versatile and easy breaks in the glove that exist in the market. The main center of attraction of this glove is the center pocket design which is unique in the market. The leather material used to make this glove is very smooth and comfortable. It provides more durability to the glove and this makes the glove long-lasting and highly durable.
The grip of this baseball glove is also much better than other baseball gloves in the market. The basic size of this baseball glove is 11.5 inches however it is available in various sizes and colors as well. The best part of this baseball glove is that it comes in a one-year manufacturing warranty and this is unique in the market. Few companies offer this on their baseball glove and this symbolizes the trust, that company has on its creation.
- A good break-in period.
- Centre pocket thumb design.
- One-year manufacturing warranty provided by the company,
- Comfortable and highly durable.
- The size of this baseball glove might be difficult to choose. Make sure to select the one that fits you.
This baseball glove produced by the Louisville slugger is the definition of the hybrid gloves. This baseball glove provides amazing performance and is also one of the best long-lasting gloves that exist in the market. The glove is lightweight and this gives the player a comfortable feeling and makes it easy for them to move around. The glove is also called hybrid because it has both durability and flexibility in it. It is highly flexible which makes it a good choice for the infield players. This baseball glove also comes with a one-year manufacturing warranty provided by the company.
- Long-lasting and highly durable.
- Easy to use and comfortable.
- High flexibility and a one-year manufacturing warranty.
- Graded gaucho leather used in the construction which adds on to the durability of this glove.
- Expect a long break-in period in this glove.
How to select the size of my baseball glove?
Ans. The size of the baseball glove that is mentioned on the site or the glove is measured from the tip of the index finger to the center of the heel of the glove. You can measure this distance at your home and can compare it with the size that is given online. Select the one that is closest to your observation and it will help you to get the baseball glove of your choice.
Should I go for a multi-purpose glove or the infield glove?
Ans. The answer to this question depends upon your location in the baseball game. If you play on different positions in the baseball game then a multi-purpose baseball glove will suit you better. If you play only in the infield, then you might only need an infield glove for your work.
We hope that the information we have provided here will help you to easily select an infield baseball glove of your choice. You can either select from our choice of gloves or go on the market and search for your kind of glove. Remember to follow the points while selecting the gloves. Remember a good baseball glove will help to improve your baseball skills greatly. Make sure to select the best infield baseball glove for your game.