Goggles are used for protecting the eyes from various conditions in which goggles are used. These areas include skiing environments and weather conditions, snowboarding weather conditions and environments as well as swimming environments. The most obvious area that one can think of is in a snowing area or when one takes part in skiing adventures. The light that is brought about bright snow as well as the surrounding weather conditions.
The lighting can be harmful to the naked eye if the eye is not adequately protected. The goggles used when snowboarding or skiing provide this protection for the eyes and the best goggles are expected to provide the ultimate protection for the eyes. Swimming has to be included in these because swimming goggles are an important equipment in swimming competitions or in swimming as a sport in general.
Goggles include features that defend your face from extreme cold, fogging and protection from the sun. An ideal pair of goggles is designed to provide you with a full range view while protecting your eyes and face from the harmful rays of the cold, windy and snowy weather as well as swimming pool water. There are glamorous and stylish features on the goggles however, their usage extends beyond the aesthetics of the goggles.
People who ski need these goggles as they are an essential part of their skiing kit. Any sporting activity and every leisure activity that may take place in the snow can cause harm to your vision. These goggles defend your sight from weather elements such the snow, wind and the harmful UV rays. Any sporting taking place in swimming pools require swimming goggles as well. They further improve your vision while you are in these conditions so that you are able to see the environment around you as much and as far as possible.
Some people do not see the need or the purpose of the goggles, they therefore use sunglasses or cheap goggles under these conditions. Some swimmers, generally who are not professional swimmers, prefer to swim without the aid of swimming goggles. The sunglasses or cheap goggles will not maximise the protection of your eye-sight as well as adequate goggles will because there are overlooked features on adequate goggles that make the irresistible difference to your eye-sight.
It can be argued that sunglasses and goggles are adequate for warmer weather as opposed to a cold, windy and snowy weather. The counter-argument would be that there is no point in owning more than one pair of goggles to cater for the weather or water. The usage of these goggles is mostly in water, the cold, windy and snowy weather. Rather have one efficient pair that has all the necessary features that will help you see better and provide better protection for your eyes while skiing or performing other leisure activities in the water, the cold, windy and snowy weather.
This article will discuss, engage and illustrate the best goggles, i.e. the best OTG goggles, the best swimming goggles/goggles for swimming competitions and the best goggles for kids/children.
Understanding OTG goggles
Over the glass goggles, commonly referred to as OTG goggles, are important for people who wear prescription glasses. The most important feature of OTG goggles is having enough to space to accommodate the prescription glasses of an individual. The accommodation of the prescription glasses should not result to pressure on an individual’s face.
The generic advice for people who wear glasses and wish to buy goggles is that one should buy big round goggles or specifically designed over the glasses goggles. These over the glasses goggles have been cut through indentations into the foam, allowing for particular accommodation for a range of spectacle frames.
The Best OTG Goggles
The features of the best OTG goggles include a large spherical lens by means of channels in the foam for the prescription glasses, if the goggles have interchangeable lenses ability, they must have a magnetic fastener. The sizing is important and has to be key when choosing OTG goggles. OTG goggles fit most prescription glasses, but not all the shapes of the prescription glasses.
Comfort and padding can be achieved through added face foam and adjustable straps. This assists with goggles refraining from pressing against the face but rather allowing for prescription glasses and goggles to rest gently against the face. Wavelength filtering is important and can be achieved through lens technology that allows for the filtering of unwanted wavelengths of light. Wavelength filtering assists in improving contrast, thus making it easier to see better in challenging conditions.
These goggles are designed for men, women and the youth. It has a universal helmet compatibility as well as a 100% UV protection. The goggles are designed for safety and reliability, to fit well over glasses and are designed with anti-fog lenses as well as profound optical clarity. They have a dual lens technology with a coated inner lens that provides a fog-free experience when skiing.
- The goggles remain sparkling clear throughout a skiing adventure.
- There is no fogging experienced with the goggles.
- They are lightweight, are stylish and have thick and soft padding.
- These goggles fit adequately over glasses and are ideal for sunny days as well as cold days.
These goggles are designed for men and women, i.e. they have a unisex design with spherical detachable lenses and lenses that have UV protection. The goggles have anti-fog properties that provide a top clarity view. They are suitable to be worn on top of prescription glasses and have significant helmet compatibility.
- The goggles provide for a dynamic and wide viewing radius.
- The goggles do not fog-up, therefore providing a good view under all weather conditions.
- Customers have stated that one gets what one pays for: the goggles are stylish, have a flexible and durable frame as well as a removal strap.
- The anti-fog layer in the goggles is very delicate and thus breaks relatively easy.
- The lens is also difficult to remove from the goggles.
The double-lensed goggles have anti-fog properties, windproof properties as well as UV400 eyewear properties. The goggles are suitable for adults and the youth customer base, suitable for outdoor sporting activities and further adequate to qualify as protective glasses. They are suitable for different weather conditions because the UV protection provides a blockage for any harmful rays, thus providing adequate protection for the eyes. The comfort of the goggles is found in the three-layered sponge that is found in the goggles and is designed to provide an excellent soft experience. The goggles have an easily adjustable head belt, providing and easy slip on and slip off quality to the overall product.
- Do not fog up when they are in use.
- Block out the sun, yet still provide the ability to see clearly when engaging in skiing activities.
- Great fit, can be purchased at an affordable rate, are stylish and are of a great value.
Goggles are an essential part of any swimmer’s swimming kit, regardless of their level of professionalism (learner or Olympic qualifier). Goggles are a very important part of a swimmer’s kit because as a good swimmer, it is important to know the pool you are swimming in and be able to have a good vision of what is underneath the water. Swim goggles have significantly evolved from what they used to be when I was still a swimmer at the high school and primary school that I attended.
I had swimming goggles that forced me to study the pool by feeling because my goggles were extremely foggy at the end of a race. I suppose goggle makers and goggle designers learned from all the accidents that took place underneath the water that left swimmers with brain injuries. Not having size of what is ahead of you is dangerous. You cannot rely on “knowing” the distance you swim or the pool, or even using your arms to feel for when you reach the end of your race. Accidents happen in sporting activities and swimming is no exception.
The anti-fog feature is definitely a smart and well-needed move for swimming goggles that are designed for swimming competitions because goggles do fog up underneath the water because of the sciences of condensation. Swimming goggles making factories now apply anti-fog features in the swimming goggles and can be worn well without using the anti-fog spray. The anti-fog spray can be used for goggles that fog up regardless of the anti-fog feature.
UV protection is an important feature because UVA, UVB and UVC rays are obscure and can be damaging to the eyes, even during a swimming practice or swimming competition. The damage builds up over time and are very dangerous because they are not felt and the damage caused is felt when it is severe, not when it starts.
UV rays affect your eyes regardless of the weather conditions: cloudy days, overcast days and sunny days have harmful UV rays. Ideal swimming goggles have anti-fog features as well as UV protection. This is most important for swimming outdoors. Some swimming goggles are designed with curved lenses with the purpose of providing a distortion-free 180-degree range of sight. This is an ideal feature for competition swimming in a pool or open water as well as swimming in a busy pool.
These goggles are designed to ensure that there is no leaking when wearing the goggles. They have an anti-fog feature with UV protection provided for the safety of eyes. These are triathlon swim goggles designed for men, women, youth and kids. The goggles are comfortable with a flexible silicone frame and shatterproof polycarbonate lenses that ensure that the products remains strong in extremely tough conditions. They have a convenient clip in the back to provide ease when wearing the goggles and taking them off.
- The adjustable straps are made great with their quick and easy release button.
- The goggles are very comfortable, and they have no eye-popping pressure that they impose on the face or eyes.
- The goggles do not fog up during the swim and they fit very well.
- The goggles provide a clear vision above water but gives a blurry vision underwater.
- The goggles are not designed to work for people who have special needs for their eyes.
These goggles are designed to ensure that there is no leaking when wearing the goggles. They have an anti-fog feature with UV protection provided for the safety of eyes. These are triathlon swim goggles designed for men, women, youth and kids. The goggles are comfortable with a flexible silicone frame and shatterproof polycarbonate lenses that ensure that the products remains strong in extremely tough conditions. They have a convenient clip in the back to provide ease when wearing the goggles and taking them off. The goggles are shatter-proof, watertight and provide an adequately broader and clearer view when wearing the goggles.
- The swimming goggles keep water out of the eyes fairly well as they are an adequate fit.
- The goggles are comfortable and provide a peripheral vision because of the manner in which it is designed.
- The goggles are easily adjustable and they come with earplugs as well as nose plugs.
- The product is affordable and is best suited for children.
- They break easily and quickly; perhaps not suitable for children as stated in the pros.
- The lenses of the goggles are distorted and blurry under water.
- The anti-fog features of the goggles only worked for a few months and then the fogging became unbearable
- The goggles are a product that irritates the skin around the eyes.
- The goggles tend to fog up at times.
These goggles are polarised and provide UV protection. They are watertight and have anti-fog properties with adjustable straps and a comfortable fit. The goggles are designed to be unisex (for men and women). The frames of the goggles are safe and have non-allergy silicone material, odourless and latex-free feel and smell, and a curved eye socket to provide waterproof features.
- The goggles block UV rays.
- They have anti-fog properties that work well.
- The goggles provide clarity under water.
- The frame of the goggles is comfortable and the fit of the goggles is comfortable around the eyes.
- The goggles have a good seal, no leaking, the lenses is clear and the product in its entirety keeps water out of the goggles and away from the eyes.
- Sunscreen interferes with the coating of the goggles.
- The goggles provide a distorted vision under the water.
- The goggles are constantly fogging up.
- The goggle have one size, no adjustment features therefore can be uncomfortably tight.
- The tint comes off the goggles easily.
Goggles are vital to protect children’s’ eyes from the glare of the sun reflecting off the snow as well as the ultraviolet rays. In cold or hot weather, a decent pair of goggles is needed when swimming. Swimming has become a critical skill for children, ensuring that their life is safe even when they play or accidently fall into a large amount of water. Drowning is one of the prominent causes of accidental death for children.
I am one of the children who drowned as a toddler while playing in a swimming pool. My parents took me to swimming lessons so that I could learn the skill and be safe when in water. I have been swimming ever since, swimming for school competitions and entering external swimming competitions.
The human eyeball is not designed to see very well in the water. Light refraction is ominously slower under the surface of the water in comparison with the air. The purpose of wearing swimming goggles assists and should be aimed at assisting kids to see their surroundings or environment when they are in water: from when there are other swimmers in the pool and the design of the pool while swimming the laps.
The goggles are designed to help the children see better under water while protecting their eyes while they are underneath the water. It is easy for swimmers to blame chlorine for disturbing their eyes – I used to be one of those swimmers who blamed chlorine for irritations in my eyes. But, the problem is worse than that. Swimmers do not only swim in the swimming pool. They also urinate, they sweat and their bodily fluid is excreted in the water. These are foreign substances to the body and they affect the body and eyes as well.
These goggles have anti-fog coating, a three-D ergonomical design and have leak proof properties. The goggles have a flexible nose bridge, have a three-D tight fit design and the swim glasses provide a wide view for an individual. The goggles have soft silicone features, are easy to adjust due to their quick bottom clip and have a breathable mesh.
- They fit really well, are easy to adjust and the double straps on the goggles keep the goggles from sliding off the face.
- The goggles are reasonably priced and are comfortable.
- They occasionally get water in the lenses while swimming.
- Children get red rings around their eyes.
- They can be uncomfortable (too tight).
- They are shallow and not accommodative of long lashes.
- The anti-fog feature deteriorates after a couple of months.
These goggles are designed to deliver a product that kids will enjoy and use with comfort and ease. The feel of the goggles is soft, with a neoprene split-strap that provides cushion and comfort while creating a watertight fit around the eyes. The floating material prevents goggles from getting lost at the bottom of the swimming pool. The swimming goggles have durable polycarbonate lenses that are impact resistant and offer UV protection as well as anti-fog properties.
- The style of the goggles is best suited for children as they are described to be cute.
- The goggles are comfortable, flexible, have a strong UV protection and keep hair away from getting into the eyes.
- They are not only suitable for children but are accommodative of adults too.
- The goggles are accommodative of kids who have sensory issues.
- The headstrap of the goggles comes off easily and it is smaller than expected.
- The goggles are expensive.
These goggles are designed to prevent leakages with their double-deck seal design. The goggles have a soft comfortable suction over the eyes to prevent leaking, has a super HD vision that ensures minimal misting and glare, and have anti-fog properties. The goggles further have UV protection providing a clear vision underneath the water.
- Affordable, have a great value and are comfortable.
- The goggles do not leak, they do not fog up and are available in various great and bright colours that are suitable for children.
- The goggles have great strap and adjustments thus provide a good fit.
- The lens of the goggles is well tinted and blocks the sun out effectively.
- The goggles are accommodative of long lashes.
- View underneath the water is blurry while wearing these goggles.
- The goggles fog up easily.
Goggles are an essential and safe-guarding part of any activity that takes place in water and snowy conditions. The best goggles are ideal for the swimming pools, snowy conditions and environments because they provide ultimate protection for you, especially for your eyes.
This article has discussed the best goggles for categories listed above (best OTG goggles, best swimming goggles and best goggles for kids) and illustrated the best goggles using the available goggles on the Amazon.com platform. The aim has been to assist each reader in understanding the importance of goggles and assist potential buyers to make the best informed decision when buying the goggles for the specific requirements. That separate the adequate snowmobile goggles from the ideal snowmobile goggles.