Every person has some sort of interest in a particular outdoor game and that game becomes more interesting if it is played by a team. And if we are talking about outdoor games to play with teamwork, volleyball is regarded as one of the best outdoor games to play. So here, we will be talking about how to choose the best volleyball, Our top 10 list for the best volleyballs and in the end, some FAQs. Hope you will like the content!
How to Choose a Volleyball?
Firstly, to choose a volleyball, the ball should be well padded so that the ball is felt softer, as most softer balls make a better grip on the wrists of a player, and if we spike, we don’t feel sting on our palms. Moreover the feel of the ball should be stronger, it should have feel of leather which is strong unlike the lush feel of microfiber.
Secondly, the ball should be durable, it should have a good padding with an excellent material used, if the ball withstands for a good period of time, then only the ball should be chosen. But how you will check if the ball is durable or not? If you are going to buy the ball online, then you have to check customer reviews, but if you are going to a store to buy, you will have a better experience, there you can feel the ball. But trusted sites are good enough and you can buy a ball from there also.
The other thing that you have to put in your mind is that who is going to play with the ball? Is it a small boy or a teenager, a college boy, or a professional player? Some more things are taken under consideration like if the ball will be used for professional game or practise, or if we have to use the ball for indoor, outdoor, beach or pool!
There is one more important thing you have to keep in mind before choosing the ball. That is, the material used. Different materials are used for different gameplays. Namely, some materials that are used in volleyballs are composite, microfiber and leather.
10 Best Volleyball Balls 2020
This is the first ball in the list. As the name suggests, it’s a heavy weighed ball used specifically for increasing your strength.
This product increases the power of some of your body parts. It’s heavier than a regular Volleyball. It will help build strength in the hands and forearms.
Additional air inflation is required.
- Dimensions: 9×9×9 inches
- Package weight: 16 ounces
- Material: Composite
- Size: Official Size
The ball cannot be used for such higher levels but can be used for young children for practise and increasing strength.
- As the ball is heavier, and after playing with this ball, when you’ll play at a much higher level with an official and renounced ball, you will have a great advantage.
- The Feel of the Ball is great. When you will touch it, you will definitely feel a difference!
- The ball is great if you are a setter!
- This ball can be used for practise and training aid only.
- Not recommended if you want to serve
The above ball had some problem because for younger players it can have sting, But this ball, the Tachikara Volley-Lite is a light weighed ball used for intense practise.
This Ball is made up of microfiber composite leather, has a firmer touch and a great air retention. The ball is 25% lighter so young players can improve there skills, because being lighter, it will reduce the fear of sting.
This ball bags our TOP 10 list because it is lightweight and can be used for intense training without any sting.
- Package Weight: 7.2 Ounces
- Item Dimensions: 10×10×10 inches
- Size: One Size
- It can be used for elementary school teams.
- This ball is excellent for practise.
- Best for beginners
- Can’t be used at higher levels
- The ball can get deflated if the temperature is not optimum
Now many of you would have must thought of beach volleyball, so here comes this ball in our list!
As the name suggests, the ball is one of the best choices to play volleyball on the beach. The VST (visual spin technology) in the ball enhances our eye’s ability to capture the spin of the ball. The optics flow tracking in the ball allows for better ball tracking in the environment of the beach. The ball gives a good feel and touch.
- Package Weight: 8.32 Ounces
- Material: Composite
- As said earlier, these are one of the best balls on the beach
- Used as game balls in clubs
- “The Vietnam version of this ball”
- Wilson creates a “recreational” level ball that is made in Vietnam. There are many complaints related to that. So make sure you are getting the China Version of the ball.
This ball comes in our list, is the ball that can be used as practise as well as in tournaments
This ball by Molten will provide you everything that is required for a competition level volleyball, this ball is NFHS approved. The ball has official size and weight and has ultra soft microfiber composite leather.
- This ball has a very soft and a great feel.
- Used officially in tournaments and clubs
- The ball has lower quality as microfiber composite leather is used, as compared to super touch which has Japanese leather, but this ball is soft as compared to super touch that is bitterly hard
- Not that much cons, but some customers by mistake get the replica version of the ball, which has not a good quality.
This is an all-rounder in our list. This ball can be used by a beginner, an intermediate player or an expert in the game.
The Mikasa VQ2000 is one of the best selling balls in the Mikasa USA indoor ball line. It has durable and ultra soft composite cover. The ball has official size and weight
- This ball can be used at comparative level
- This ball is neither too soft nor too hard, but the feel of the ball is great.
- This ball has only one con that, some people find it heavy! But it’s definitely varies from person to person.
We can say that this ball is older, but the usage of this ball will make you buy this!
This ball was the official beach volleyball for the 2012 London Games and the 2016 Rio Olympics!
The ball has double cloth backing for a great shape retention, has improved water resistance, for less weight fluctuations. The ball has 10 panel design with different colour themes
- Package Weight: 7.84 Ounces
- Item Dimensions L x W x H: 9.1 x 8.8 x 8 inches
- Firstly, the ball is durable, unique and comfortable
- The ball has a perfect grip
- The material has a wonderful feel when you hit the ball
- This ball is a great choice if you are going to play beach volleyball
- The ball can get sticky if there is sweat on the ball
- The ball is a little bit heavier(according to some of the reviews)
This ball that comes in our list is special because it can be played by players of all ages and can be played at any level of gameplay
- Package Weight: 14.4 Ounces
- Item Dimensions L x W x H: 7 x 7 x 6 inches
- Size: Official
- Great Ball for indoor competition
- This ball has a very good grip
- This ball can be used for higher level volleyball
- Not many cons, there is only one problem that the ball gets deflated easily
This Bade Lexum Composite Game Volleyball is very durable and retains its shape really well
It has a cotton wrapped butyl bladder insures shape and air retention. It has long lasting soft cover which insures slip free play
The Bade Lexum has a sting free valve, which ensures the soft feel whenever you spike, the ball has official size and weight and is NFHS approved.
- Package Weight: 10.4 Ounces
- Item Dimensions L x W x H: 8 x 8 x 7.7 inches
- The ball is well made and is soft to the arms
- Good for clubs and higher levels
- This ball is hard for younger players
All the balls we mentioned above, were either for outdoor play, or some could be used as beach ball, but this Molten Official NORCECA Volleyball is can be best for the indoor use
It’s microfiber composite cover is enough to withstand the rigorous training sessions. And the hexagonal patterns found on the cover, this training equipment can soar smoothly in air
- Package Weight: 9.92 Ounces
- Item Dimensions L x W x H: 11.81 x 7.87 x 5.91 inches
- The texture of the ball is great
- Solid and responsive ball, not for casual players
- If you are playing at a competitive, then this ball can be your choice
- They are some complaints regarding the air retention
- Beware of the fake balls, because some customers are getting fake balls!
The Molten FLISTATEC Volleyball is the official volleyball of the USA Volleyball, the NCAA’s men championship, and is FIBA approved. It has FLISTATEC Flight Stability Technology. It has premium microfiber composite cover and nylon wound.
- Package Weight: 10.4 Ounces
- Item Dimensions L x W x H: 10 x 10 x 10 inches
- Size: Official Size
- The hex pattern on the ball provides some grip which is helpful for the setters.
- This ball is rated for college level gameplay or higher
- There are some problems in the ball regarding the air retention
- There was a problem in some units regarding the panels, the panels on the balls started peeling off
What is the best volleyball brand?
There is not one, who is the best, there are many brands that are making good volleyballs, some of them are:
Which Volleyball do professionals use?
There are many volleyballs that are used by professionals, if I had to name on, it would be Mikasa MVA 200.
What makes a good volleyball ball?
Some factors are there who determine that a volleyball is good or not. Some of them are measurements, air pressure, weight, size, and outer covering, all of them should be optimum to make a good volleyball ball
What is the best volleyball for beginners?
There are 2 volleyballs that are for beginners in our list. The Tachikara Volley-Lite and Mikasa MGV500
Is it hard to learn volleyball?
No it is not. If you know about all the rules of the volleyball and you play it on regular basis, then you have to just practise and practise, the more you will practise, the more you will learn, but hard work is required. Eventually, you will master the game.
Is there any particular uniform to wear while playing volleyball?
If you are not playing in a tournament officially, and you are going to play indoor or out, just for enjoyment, you need a t-shirts, athletic shorts, shoes, and knee pads. But if you want to play officially, you will need jersey, shorts, socks and knee pads. For beach volleyball, players wear swimsuits, sports bikinis, full body suits or shorts or tanks.
Who invented volleyball?
Volleyball was invented by William G. Morgan
What are the dimensions of the court?
The volleyball court is 18 metres long and 9 metres wide, divided into two 9metres×9metres by a 1 metre wide net
How long does a volleyball game last?
Generally, a volleyball game lasts between 60 and 90 minutes, but time is not the factors, game is played until a team has won 3 games.
Who are the most famous volleyball players in the world?
There are many famous volleyball players, some of the names are Kerri Valsh Jennings, Giba, Ivan Zaytsev, Misty May-treanor, Karch Kiraly, Facundo Conte, and Ricardo Lucarelli Souza. There are many more players!
Volleyball is really a game which is full of fun. And for the people who were searching for ‘how to choose a volleyball’ or ‘the best volleyball’,this article was only for them. So we think we have solved your problem. We have also answered some Frequently Asked Questions FAQs. Now, you have to enjoy volleyball, and stay safe healthy. Hope you liked our content!