If you are involved in action sports like skateboarding, you must be performing various tricks using skateboards. Skateboarding is one of the best recreational activity that involves riding and is a perfect combination of skills and art form. Skateboarding is also becoming one of the great entertainment industry. But at the same time, you should protect yourself from potential injuries while performing the tricks. We have composed a list of best wrist guards for skateboarding so that you can perform injury-free actions.
While skateboarding, if you happen to fall, you throw your hands out, and that’s a natural instinct. But this can happen on concrete from a skateboard, and while doing this, you may break your wrist. Here, wrist guards come into play, protect your wrists, and prevent broken bones when you fall. This is the reason we have composed a list of best wrist guards for skateboarding and frequently asked questions.
But before we move to our list of best wrist guards for skateboarding! It is important to know how to choose the best wrist guards. Below we have summarized how to choose the best wrist guards for skateboarding.
How to Choose the Best Skateboarding Wrist Guards
Wrist injuries are one of the most common injuries that can happen during skateboarding. Wrist guards are probably the most important safety gear followed by knee pads and helmets when it comes to skateboarding.
Wrist guards are basically gloves with extra padding and have thick material, which comes in various shapes, sizes, and styles. So, when you are going to choose the best wrist guards for skateboarding, it should have the following features:
Wrist guards should be comfortable when you wear them and should not make you feel heavy on wrists while skateboarding.
Should Bear the Impact
It should provide strong protection to the hands, and must bear any kind of impact on the wrists.
Easy to Handle
You should be easily taken on and off your wrist guards.
Safe to Skin
Your wrist guards, should not cause any type of rashes to your skin after longer use.
The best wrist guards are made up of high-quality material and serve the best to protect you against wrist injuries.
Your wrist guards should have adjustable straps to fit properly on your wrists, and you can have injury-free skateboarding.
The fabric of your wrist guards should avoid the build of sweat and have breathable sides.
It should fit your particular budget, but if you can afford it, you can go for high priced wrist guards.
These are some of the necessary features that you should consider while selecting the best wrist guards. Now, let quickly move to the list of best wrist guards for skateboarding.
Top 9 Best Wrist Guards for Skateboarding
It does not matter whether you a professional skateboarder or just do skateboarding as a hobby; you always need the best wrist guards available in the market to provide you comfort and safety while skateboarding.
1. Andux Ski Gloves Extended Wrist Palms Protection Roller Skating Hard Gauntlets Adjustable HXHW-04
This is flexible and comfortable gear, provide you the extended wrist and palm protection. It comes with adjustable hooks and loop wrist cinch to provide you protection at all times. It is made up of solid and, at the same time, flexible material that easily bends without affecting your movement. The Andux Ski Gloves comes in three sizes as per the width of the palm – Medium 8-9.5 cm, Large 9-10.5 cm, XL 10-11.5 cm.
- Tough Plastic Splint: The palm and back of the gloves are made up of tough plastic splints that extend to the wrists for better protection of palms & wrists.
- Flexible to Bend: It is made up of flexible material that bends without affecting your activities.
- Shock Absorbing Material: The shock-absorbing material fits every shape, and effectively prevent you from being bruised when it falls on with extended hands.
- Offer Protection to Every Palm Size: It offers Medium, Large, and Extra-Large size to suit every palm size.
You can skate with confidence with Andux Ski Gloves and have injury-free skateboarding. It is recommended for every professional and habitual skateboarder to offer the most intensive protection.
Here comes the Simply Kids Wrist Guards, specially meant to protect your kid’s palms and wrists. The unique twin splint design offers excellent support to the vulnerable young bones of your kids. It is made up of cushion padding, so the pain of impact can be minimized if your child does fall. The gear comfortable on your kid’s hands and thumb hole is added for extra flexibility. The protective gear is secured with safe Velcro.
The CPSIA approved material is gentle on your kid’s young skin and helps keep it dry and fresh. The blue and black combination provides a classy look and is allergy-free too. The product comes under the warranty from the manufacturer.
- Simply Kids offers to buy one, get one offer, and 12% off on any pattern and size of wrist guards.
- The product is CPSIA approved and made up of high-quality material.
- Simply Kids Wrist Guards are comfortable and flexible on your kid’s hands.
- The protective gear is easily washable.
- The design is an attractive black and blue combination for any fashion-conscious kids.
Simply Kids Wrist Guards are best for activities like skateboarding, skiing, inline skating, and any such action sports in which your young one is involved. It is one of the hot gifts for your kids from Simply Kids.
3. Andux Ski Gloves Extended Wrist Palms Protection Roller Skating Hard Gauntlets Adjustable Skateboards
This is another protective gear offered from Andux for complete wrist protection while skateboarding. The Andux Ski Gloves Extended wrist guards will provide you all time protection and have an adjustable hook and loop wrist cinch. The wrist guard offers comfort and flexibility while all your activities without affecting your movement.
It comes in three sizes Small 6.5 to 7.5 cm, Medium 7.5 to 8.5 cm, and Large 8.5 to 10.cm. It is perfect for any kind of action sport, especially skateboarding, and keep your hands and wrists injury-free.
- The adjustable hook loop wrist clinch offers comfort and flexibility.
- It is made up of high-quality solid and flexible material that bends without affecting your movements.
- Offers quantity discounts and free shipping.
- The palm and back of the gear are made up of tough plastic splints that extend to wrists for better protection.
- The material is shock absorbing and fits every shape of the hands.
- The shipping weight of the whole product is 6.6 ounces.
The Andux Ski Gloves Extended wrist Palms protecting gear is suitable for any kind of action sports, especially skateboarding. Now you can skate with confidence without fearing any injuries.
Welcome to 187 Killer Pads Wrist Guards, which has a contoured design for great fit and comfort. The stylish double-stitches provide class, and it is made up of high-strength ballistic nylon for durability and strength. 187 Killer gear has thick splint protection concentrated on the base of the hands where most of the impacts occur.
The product’s shipping weight is 8.8 ounces, and product dimensions are 9.5 X 8.5 X 4 inches. The protecting gear weighed 0.16 ounces and meant perfectly for providing protection during action sports.
- Strong & Comfortable Fit: The angled design provide an excellent fit to hands, and the thumb hole offers free movements and longevity.
- Industrial Made: The classy ballistic nylon with industrial weight stitching ensures durability. Interior padding provides extra comfort.
- Comfortable Protection: The gear has extra thick splint the provides concentrated protection at the base of hands.
- Stylish: The stylish black look provides a perfect look and design.
This is one of the best protecting gear for wrists and palms; it recommended for all professional and new skateboarders.
The curious kids’ wrist guard is perfectly designed to protect the wrist and palm of your kids during skateboarding or other action sports. Most kids fall off with stretched hands during skateboarding; the curious kid’s wrist guards typically provide protection during such incidents. The protective gear also absorbs the impact when the palm touches the ground—protecting the hands of your young ones as much as possible.
The product is designed for comfortable wear, and two adjustable straps and non-slip nylon straps provide better support to palm and wrist. It is made up of high-density impact-resistant molded PE splints on the front and back of the wrist for extra support.
- The gear’s inner cushion is made up of sweat absorber and breathable mesh, which is best in line and promotes heat dissipation to keep your hands dry and comfortable.
- The high-density impact-resistant molded PE splints on the front and back of the wrist for extra support, and the palm is cushioned with a foam cushion to absorb all types of impacts.
- The wrists guard is easy to wear, and it is designed to use with any kind of glove.
- The product fits the hand size of 15cm to 19cm.
- The protective gear is finely crafted and budget-friendly.
This is recommended for any type of action sports in which your younger one is involved. The protective gear is finely crafted and fits in your budget.
This is another wrist guard presented by 187 Killer Pads, which means for small size hands. The protective gear has an angled design to conform to the excellent fit for the hands. The well place thumbhole provides extra longevity and easy movements. The wrist guard is made up of high-quality ballistic nylon and has a stylish industrial weight stitching that ensures durability.
The product has interior padding for comfort, and extra thick splint provides concentrated protection at the base of the hands, where most of the impact occurs. The product is designed classy black color for attractive looks.
- Strong & Comfortable Fit: Angled design provide a comfortable fit, and reinforced thumb hole, and palm increases longevity.
- Industrial Made: The gear is made up of ballistic nylon and industrial weight stitching to offer additional longevity.
- Comfortable Protection: The extra thick splint provides concentrated protection to the base of the hands.
- The shipping weight of the entire product is 12 ounces.
- The wrist guard comes in the dimensions 9.9 X 9.9 X 16 cm, and the product weighs 9.1 ounces.
This is the best wrist guards when styling and protection matters to you; the product is meant for small-sized hands and offers extended longevity, protection, and style.
Burton provides every respect your wrists deserves with the stealth protection of the Burton wrist guard. The sleek and low-profile design of the gear meant for easy fits under snowboard gloves. The wrist guard is provided with soft padding easily adjustable hooks and loop straps to keep your wrists locked comfortably around them.
The protective gear is meant for both men and women and has a dimension of 2.17 X 9.06 X 9.45 inches and weighs 7.23 ounces. The recommended age of the protective gear is from 12 months to 10 years as per the Burton. The wrist guard comes with quantity discounts and free shipping.
- It is made up of 100% polyester.
- The wrist guard has an adjustable closure.
- You can easily machine wash your protective gear.
- The gear has flexible tapered top splints.
- It has a flexible hook and loop adjustment for an easy fit.
- Low-profile design.
The Burton Adult wrist guard is around in the market for six years, and may not offer the style and protection it counterparts offering but still a decent wrist guard for sports.
Andux Ski Gloves proudly presents another hard gauntlet adjustable wrist guard HXHW-05, which offers you to stay protected during your sporting activities. It has an adjustable hook and loop wrist cinch, the flexibility and comfort of the offer.
You can easily bend without affecting your movement with Andux wrist guard HXHW-05. It comes in Medium 7.5 to 9cm and Large 9.5 to 11cm to fit every size of the hands. The product offer quantity discounts and free shipping. Now you can easily skate with an Andux wrist guard without worrying about injuries.
- Tough Plastic Splint: The palm of the gear has tough plastic splint that extends to wrists and protects your hands while protecting your wrists.
- Easy to Handle: It has an adjustable hook & loop closure for easy on and off.
- Flexible: Now, you can do all sporting activities without worrying about the bends.
- Shock Absorbing: The gear is made up of high-quality shock-absorbing material that effectively protects your hands and prevents injuries.
- Free Shipping: The product is shipped free, and the shipping weight is 3.2 ounces.
This gear is one of the most durable and easy-to-use wrist guards offered by Andux Ski Gloves; if style and protection are the key aspects, you can go for Andux wrist guards.
Now here comes the wrist guard for kids aged between 3 – 7 years; it also has knee pads and elbow pads along with a magic stick to modify the size. This is multifunctional protective gear for your kids designed to provide every safety while skating or other sporting activities. It has adjustable straps for a secure and comfortable grip, and thickening design provided good protection during sporting activities.
The gear is made up of high quality durable and comfortable material of PVC shell and has the breathable liner to avoid the accumulation of sweat. The pads will make a bit of compression to the body for additional safety reasons.
- Elastic straps for a secure and comfortable grip & easily adjustable.
- Protective gear comes with safety insurance and stylish design.
- It is made up of high-quality shock-absorbing PVC material for added safety.
- It is best suited for kids between the ages of 3 and 7 and offers knee pads and elbow guards.
- The shipping package contains two knee pads, two elbow guards, and two wrist guards and weighs 10.6 ounces.
This is the best wrist guards for kids between the ages of 3 and 7 and offers knee and elbow protection. You can check the size chart in the detailed picture and provide worry-free sporting activities to your younger ones.
This list of our Top 9 Best Wrist Guards for Skateboarding will surely allow you to make the best choice for selecting the wrist guards. You still may be having few queries about the wrist guards, and we have tried to answer your queries through frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do wrist guards work skateboarding?
The wrist guards are meant to support your wrists, and efficiently help you to prevent a broken bone when falling. In skateboarding, your natural instinct is to throw your hands out while falling, but if this happens on concrete, you may have broken wrists. This is when wrist guards come into play and protect your wrists from getting damaged.
Are wrist guards really effective?
Although wrist guards are designed to protect your wrists and arms from injuries when falling, but they are not effective for the shoulder injuries, and dislocation and fracture are still possible to other parts like your shoulders. It is always best if you have extra protection for other parts of the body, like knee gear, elbow gear, helmets, and other protective gear, to have to keep yourself safe from injuries while enjoying your favorite action sports skateboarding.
What is the most common skateboard injury?
The most common skateboard injuries are to the ankle and wrist. The older skateboarding individuals have less severe injuries like sprains and soft tissue injuries. But young individuals and children are more vulnerable to skateboard injuries while sporting at ramps and arenas. As per the data, 9% percent were injured while skating on the road.
Has anyone ever died from skateboarding?
As per the National Library of Institutes of Health, US, skateboarding is still one of the safest action sports compared to other sports. According to the published report, an average of forty people dies every year because of skateboarding injuries.
Do skateboarding wrist guards protect against fractures?
Wrist guards are designed to protect you against the severity of the injuries, the splints in the guard curve towards the palm where the wrist joint contacts the ground instead of joint. The wrist guard causes your hand to slide instead of smashing to the ground with full force. So, the possibility is always there of the injuries wearing wrists guards.
So, the best protection is caution, and it is necessary to learn the techniques while you fall and, most importantly, avoid falling on your hands, and the good news is there is less possibility of fractures when you are wearing wrist guards. To get perfect safety, as I mentioned earlier, it is always best to wear all-round security gear like knee pads, elbow guards, helmets, etc.
When you are involved in action sports, especially like skateboarding, you should use proper safety equipment. They won’t guarantee your chances of getting injured, but reduce your chances of getting injured and avoiding severe injuries. That’s why we have provided a list of Top 9 Best Wrist Guards for Skateboarding. We have done this to minimize your efforts while selecting the best wrist guards for you.
Now, you know already what wrist guards are meant for and why they are essential while skateboarding; you will go for the best features and select the wrist guards, which reduces your chances of injuries while enjoying your favorite sport. But which wrist guard appeals to you at the end is highly personal, but we hope by placing the reviews of the best wrist guards and placing the key features side-by-side make the daunting process easy for you to select wrist guards.
Whether its specs, reputation, or brand is your driving factor for the wrist guards that you finally decide to choose, we hope we helped you in some way. We have done all that for you, selecting the best wrist guard is only up to you, just the prime aspect should be your safety! So, there is nothing to wait for, get one of the best wrist guards for yourself, and start injury-free skateboarding.